Vydia Heads to Dewey Beach Music Conference
Roy LaManna, CEO of Vydia, sits on a panel to discuss revenues in music, endorsements, monetizing YouTube and more.
This weekend we are happy to be at the Dewey Beach Music Conference! DBMC is three nights of music with two full days of panels and mentoring sessions. Networking is one of the most important factors when starting out in the music industry and DBMC is here to help. Not only can bands and artists listen to panels, this weekend they can take part in industry meet and greets, mentoring sessions and demo listening which allow artists to get one-on-one advice about their music and career path.
As the Vydia Team is headed to the beautiful Delaware beach to educate and inform artists, Vydia CEO, Roy LaManna, will be sitting on a panel discussing monetizing through YouTube and other revenues in the music biz.
What makes DBMC so successful is the laid back environment. Mentors and panelist are speaking in casual settings making everyone approachable for networking opportunities and to give advice from all aspects of the music industry. Musicians from up and down the east coast are attending and performing at this years event, making it the biggest to date.
Our Tips for Networking at Dewey Beach
- Attend as many Seminars as Possible
- The weekend will not only be filled with music, but it will be full of information too. Attend panels, meet ups, seminars and meet and greets. You never know who you are going to meet and what you are going to learn.
- Ask Questions
- No such thing as a stupid question! Ask away, that is why the beach will be filled with industry professionals with all the information you need. Don’t wait for someone to approach you.
- Don’t Sell Yourself
- Networking is about building a relationship. When approaching industry professionals it’s important not to sound like a sales pitch. Instead, share your passion for this industry, that will resonate better.
- Follow Up
- Who you meet and the relationships you create at Dewey Beach are only the start. Keep the conversation going long after the weekend is over and reconnect, support and collaborate with who you meet. It will be worth it in the long run.
Music performances are free and open to the public. For more information on the conference, including a full list of musicians and performance schedules, go to Dewey Beach Music Conference for more information.
Be sure to check out four Vydia artists are on the line up this year!
Danielle and Jennifer – The First Time You See Me (Official)
Footwerk – Eyes Low
Grown Up Avenger Stuff – Pins
Jonas Sees in Color – Dirty Little Sunshine (Lyric Video)
Want to see your video on Vevo? Submit today!